The 11th of May the roll-out of the new system was completed, with the opening of the cooperation with VFS in Abidjan. Present on the occasion was (Photo from the left) Doraisamy Raghavan, VFS Country Manager in Ghana, Senegal, Mauritania, Ivory coast & Equatorial Guinea, Hilde Haug, Senior Advisor / Special Attache at the Norwegian embassy in Accra, and Dominique Ismel Carine, Manager at the VFS centre in Abidjan.
Head of administration at the embassy Synnøve Stavdal, is pleased with this arrangement. “The background for the agreement with VFS is to give the applicants better service and avoiding the long and expensive travel to Accra. VFS also offers longer opening hours and there is no need to book an appointment ahead for the submission."
VFS have their own webpages guiding applicants to Norway through the procedures. Links will come up on the embassy website as soon as the pages are live on the Internet.
This is the implementation plan:
- From 10th of March applicants from Ghana have to submit to the VFS Application Centre in Accra.
- From 10th April 2015 applicants from Senegal, Gambia and Guinea should use the VFS Application Centre in Dakar.
- From 10th May 2015 applicants from Cote d’Ivoire should use the VFS Application Centre in Abidjan.
- Applicants from Sierra Leone and Liberia can submit at the VFS Application Centre either in Abidjan OR in Accra.
- There are no changes in procedure for applicants from Burkina Faso and Mali.
The head of administration emphasis that all applications must still be registered through the Application Portal and the fee must be paid online, before applicants submit to the Visa Application Centre (VFS).
VFS charges a separate administration fee for receipt of application. This fee is 30 EUR and must be paid directly upon submission of the applications to VFS. Please note that VFS service fee is nonrefundable. Applicant’s biometrics will be collected at VFS after the submission of the signed cover letter, receipt of payment, online application form and all required additional documents.
See SERVICES for details